Entering Freshman Awards
(for those entering A-State in Fall 2016)
AMOUNT AND TERM OF AWARD:
$5,000 per academic year ($2,500 per semester) provided income to the fund is sufficient. A minimum of five awards will be presented annually.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RECEIVING SCHOLARSHIP:
- Candidate must be a full-time student at ASU-Jonesboro.
- Candidate must be a resident of the state of Arkansas.
- Entering freshmen must have a minimum ACT of 23 and high school GPA of 3.5.
- A separate scholarship application is required and must be submitted by December 4, 2015.
- Selection based on demonstrated leadership qualities in high school.
- Special consideration given to those students who are living on campus.
- Students who are awarded the A-State Scholar scholarship will not be considered.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MAINTAINING AND RENEWING THE SCHOLARSHIP:
To maintain/renew the scholarship for the spring semester and next academic year, students must remain a full-time student in good standing, have a collegiate GPA of 3.25, and submit a short essay, as directed by the Alumni Association in the fall of each year.
SELECTION MADE BY:
The scholarship committee of the Alumni Association will select recipients. The Executive Director of the Alumni Association will provide final approval of the recipients.
Click here for Incoming Freshman Application (Fall 2016)
Print, complete and mail the application to:
LP Scholarship Committee
ASU Alumni Association
P O Box 1990
State University AR 72467
Must be received or postmarked no later than December 4, 2015.